RCTS Logo

Query Corner

Q16.06 Southern Electric Locomotives 20001-20003 Allocations 1948-1950

The three Southern electrics appear to have been allocated at Brighton at 1st January 1948. According to the 1950 Ian Allen Locoshed Book, they had moved to Durnsford Road, Wimbledon (where, it seems, they were always maintained during this period). An enthusiast publication suggests a move to Horsham in December 1948, but there is no record of such a move in contemporary ROs. Did this move ever take place? (Richard Tagg 13173)

last updated: 10/03/16