RCTS Logo

ECML - The nineties are back!

A forum for the discussion of railway related topics

The nineties are back and we have a picture of one!!!

Postby Peter Hall » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks to EssexSteve, who it turns out is our Publicity Officer, we now have a picture of a Class 90 at Kings Cross awaiting departure, on the website.

Apparently the picture was taken using a telephone!! No wonder we haven't received any other pictures yet as I was suggesting use of a camera to take them. Clearly cameras are used for talking to people these days and telephones for taking pictures! Ah well, times change. So if you do have a telephone and see a Class 90 on an ECML passenger train, we would be interested in any photographic image that results.
Peter Hall

ECML - New Year 90!

Postby Peter Hall » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:12 pm

First day of 2017 and 90036 is having a spin to Leeds, subject to confirmation. Note the 90034 era is over for now.

Almost single handed I am trying to keep the site updated. Confirmations that the TBC workings actually took place would be welcomed.
Peter Hall

Nineties information now in two places.

Postby Peter Hall » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 am

Having meddled with the website yesterday it is now possible to find the current and past ECML Class 90 information by following two different routes.

Firstly, as before this information is available on the Sheffield Branch page https://www.rcts.org.uk/branches/sheffield/index.htm The layout has been changed slightly and the information is now in its own section rather than a part of Features. It is still though available by clicking on the Branch home page.

Secondly, the information is now included in the ECML Drags feature accessed directly from the drop down box of Features on the home page https://www.rcts.org.uk/branches/sheffi ... eld/draggs Hopefully this will be easier for those who regularly check on ECML developments regarding use of the Class 90 and future planned dragged trains.

Fortunately, due to poaching, it is usual possible to add the planned use of the Class 90 on a particular day in the morning but this is not guaranteed. If amongst the 2300+ members of Britain's leading railway society their is someone who can provide this information without me getting into trouble with the game keeper. that would be appreciated.

Confirmations of workings as well as pictures are also welcomed. It would be nice to have a picture of every 90 that has been used on the ECML in action on the route. In this age of digital photography I do though appreciate how difficult it is to take photographs.
Peter Hall

Re: ECML - The nineties are back!

Postby Peter Hall » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Apologies for the late updating of the website this week. This being due to a combination of factors including being away from my computers for a couple of days. All workings though should now be up to date.

You will notice that many workings are shown as TBC. Although it is believed all took place actual observation or other confirmation that things did not go array are welcomed.

For some trains either the headcode or departure time is not known. I would appreciate it if someone could provide those missing details. I am sure the information is available somewhere on the web but I just can't do everything.

I would hope those involved with compiling the RO do keep an eye on the website especially with regard to the coverage they are involved with. Bearing in mind the information being provided about Class 90 usage on the website, one would expect some reflection of this in the RO. The caption to the photograph on p.205 of the March RO does though suggest this might not be the case. Note carefully the train details!
Peter Hall

Postby Peter Hall » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am

Apologies for late updating of the website this week due to being elsewhere most of the time. Computers, Internet, E-mail etc are left behind when I leave the house.

The majority of information I receive is with regard to what is planned for a particular day. Thus, inclusion of TBC which is only removed when eyeball confirmation is received. So please let me know of any eyeball observations through the website link.

Last Monday it was planned to actually have two different Class 90 in use although in the event I am not sure whether this actually happened as I understand that an OHL problem in or around Retford resulted in numerous cancellations, delays and consequently diagram changes. Confirmation of which 90s worked which trains on Monday is thus would be very much appreciated.
Peter Hall

Postby Ian Prince » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:26 am

04/07/2017 90036 plus DVT 82210 on 1D05 running late after Stevenage and not regaining time at any point through to Leeds.
Ian Prince

Previous

Return to Discussion